JMD’s criminal law lawyers are experienced criminal litigators who deal with all kinds of criminal offences as set forth under the Criminal Code, the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, and the Youth Criminal Justice Act. We defend cases at trial and on appeal in all levels of the BC courts and in the Supreme Court of Canada.
Most common types of cases include:
- Extradition or quasi-criminal law proceeds
- Impaired or dangerous driving
- Trafficking, or possession for the purpose of trafficking
- Property offences as with fraud, false pretences, counterfeit money etc.
- Police and child welfare investigations
- Offences against privacy or person, such as bodily assaults, threats or spousal attack
We have been involved in a number of notable cases and have also acted as counsel in public inquiries into wrongful convictions.
MVA OFFENCES & PROHIBITIONS
Our lawyers at JMD have long and successful record defending clients against all Motor Vehicle Act offences. We understand that in today’s society, losing your driver’s licence for any unfortunate episode can have an unfavourable effect on your personal and professional life. Consequently we treat every traffic violation ticket and driving prohibition as a serious matter it has the potential to be.
Following are but a few of the Motor Vehicle Act offences our firm handles on a regular basis:
- Speeding or Excessive Speeding
- Transfer of Motor Vehicle
- Motor Vehicle Liability Insurance
- Failure to remain at the scene of accident
- Immediate Roadside and Highway Prohibitions
- Driving prohibitions
- Driving without License
- Inspection of Vehicles
- Unlicensed Driving
- Motor vehicles indebted to other offences and acts